The U.S. Catholic Climate Project grants are designed to assist parishes, schools, religious communities and other local Catholic institutions in the United States, to organize and mobilize the U.S. Catholic community to express their care for creation and take climate actions in 2020 and 2021. The Catholic Climate Project is pleased to be able to offer grants of up to $1,000 from now until August 1st , or when funding is no longer available.
Priority funding will be given to projects/programs that:
- Celebrate the Season of Creation (September 1 - October 4)*, the Feast of St. Francis (Oct. 4)*, or
- Raise and implement ecological awareness and activities during the Advent Season and/or on during impactful moments in the Spring 2021.
- Activities that are led by youth/young adults and/or are inter-generational.
- Activities that are well-publicized to ensure the wider community knows of your efforts.
The types of activities** that could be funded include:
- Advocacy and dialogue with church and political leaders on our call to care for creation and our vulnerable neighbors
- Generation of events (educational events, rallies, fairs, festivals)
- Participation in existing events with the intention of lifting up the Catholic voice within them
- Prayer services and liturgies
- Retreats, workshops, or forums to promote understanding, bridge-building, and healing
- Service projects (tree-plantings, cleanups, community gardens, etc.)
- Carbon reduction activities
- Classroom instruction/curriculum
* If you are applying for an event anticipated for the Fall of 2020, please include a contingency plan in your application should you not be able to hold the event during that time. (e.g., holding the event during Spring 2021)
** This list is not exhaustive. If you are planning/organizing an activity that is not listed, feel free to apply and we will consider.